- You can find ASK commands by entering “ASK” in the VS Code command palette
- Alexa templates can be used to create a skill
- Generate code snippets to support built-in intents and custom intents.
- Identify errors in your JSON Schema
- To view documentation, hover over a JSON object.
- Submit a skill to be certified
The VS Code tool is built upon the Alexa Skills Kit. This collection of self-service APIs and tools, documentation and code samples makes it easy for developers to add skills and capabilities to Alexa. The team states that ASK allows developers, designers, and brands to create engaging skills and reach customers via tens of thousands of Alexa-enabled devices. ASK allows you to leverage Amazon’s pioneering work in voice design and knowledge. The installation and initialization are required for the VS Code extension. You can find more information about the tool in the documentation and a getting started guide. The source code for the open-source preview project is available on GitHub. The dev team invited developers to modify it and contribute to this community. The extension was installed 340 times at press time. It has received a perfect 5.0 rating by two developers who submitted reviews.